In accordance with the provisions of LA. R.S. 47:1992, the St. Tammany Parish Council hereby convenes in public session as a Board of Review to entertain complaints and/or appeals from any taxpayer(s) aggrieved by ad valorem assessments levied against his/her/their property. The Assessor of St. Tammany Parish has duly advertised notice of this public hearing in accordance with law. The deadline for receipt of appeals by taxpayers to the Board of Review will be 4:30 p.m. September 7, 2017. If no appeals are lodged by this date, or appeals are lodged but resolved through the Parish Assessor’s Office, the time will automatically expire and terminate without the need for the Parish Council to reconvene to so declare.
1. Presentation of Proclamation to St. Tammany Parish Government Employee of the Month.
2. Presentation of proclamation to Jan Robert for her achievements.
3. Presentation to VFW Post 8290 for accomplishments.
4. Presentation of Certificate of Recognition to Eagle Scout, Matt Bald. (Bellisario)
5. Presentation of Certificates of Recognition to Eagle Scouts. (Stefancik)
1. Resolution to replace the Board Members of Lakeshore Villages Master Community Development District. (Blanchard) (Postponed 7/13/17 and 8/3/17)
2. Resolution to appoint members to the St. Tammany Parish Development District all terms to begin January 1, 2018. (Development District recommends the following: Rhonda Bagby, Sean Burkes, Maureen Clary, Bill Davis, Scott Day, Maura Donahue, Al Hamauei, CJ Ladner, Marty Mayer, Eric Schouest, and Mike Tillman)
2. Ord. Cal. No. 5866 - Ordinance to extend for six (6) month the moratorium on receipt of submissions by the Parish Planning and Zoning Commission for the re-subdivision or re-zoning of property and/or on the issuance of permits by the Parish Department of Planning and Development/Permits for the construction or placement of any building structures on property within a portion of the Bayou De Zaire Basin and a portion of the Flowers Bayou Basin , south of I-12 being the storm sewer system that flows into the Flowers Bayou Basin, all as more particularly described herein and on the attached map. (Ward 1, District 1) (Dean)
3. Ord. Cal. No. 5867 - Ordinance to amend the Parish Code of Ordinances, Chapter 20, Roads and Bridges, Article I, in General, by creating a new Section, Procedures and Specifications Relative to Parish Road Overlay Projects. (Stefancik)
10. Ord. Cal. No. 5874 - Ordinance to amend the 2017 Operating Budget - Amendment No. 10. (Stefancik/Brister)
11. Ord. Cal. No. 5875 - Ordinance to amend Chapter 11 of the St. Tammany Parish Code of Ordinances, entitled Health and Sanitation, to create Section 11-004.00 Requiring Operators of Tours on Waterways of St. Tammany Parish to Provide Sanitary Facilities to Customers. (Canulette)
Resolution C.S. No. C-4861 - Resolution requesting that signs be placed at public boat launches in St. Tammany Parish cautioning the public of safety requirements of commercial vessels. (Canulette)
Ross Christian appealing the Zoning Commission APPROVAL on February 7, 2017 for Major Amendments to the PUD (Planned Unit Development) of 92.61 acres located north of Interstate 12, west of Holiday Square Boulevard, south of Versailles Subdivision. (Ward 3, District 5) (ZC08-01-007) (Applicant: Mike Saucier/Gulf State Services; Owner: Lucky 7 Trust, Versailles Business Park, LLC, Versailles Land and Development Co.) (Postponed 4/6/17, 5/4/17, 6/1/17, 7/13/17, 8/3/17) NOTE: To concur with Zoning APPROVAL, a simple majority vote is required and introduction of an ordinance. NOTE: To override Zoning APPROVAL, a majority vote of the entire Council is required and adoption of a resolution.
Resolution supporting St. Tammany Parish Hospital Service District No. 1, doing business as St. Tammany Parish Hospital, utilizing a property within the boundaries of St. Tammany Parish Hospital Service District No. 2, doing business as Slidell Memorial Hospital. (Thompson/Tanner)
3. Resolution C.S. No. C-4863 - Resolution approving the issuance, sale and delivery by Sewage District No. 1 of the Parish of St. Tammany, State of Louisiana of its taxable Sewer Revenue Bonds, Series 2017, in an amount not to exceed $ 2,500,000, and providing for other matters relating thereto. (Lorino)
Resolution C.S. No. C-4868 - Resolution to acknowledge the authority, pursuant to Home Rule Charter, Sections 1-04, 1-06, 3-01 and 3-09, for the Parish of St. Tammany, through the office of the Parish President, to execute a Cooperative Endeavor Agreement with the Town of Pearl River for Highway 41 Spur Bridge Replacement. (Ward 6, Districts 6, 9) (Stefancik/Brister)
Resolution C.S. No. C-4869 - Resolution to concur/not concur with the City of Mandeville annexation and rezoning of 0.791 acres located at 4376 Highway 22, in Section 54, Township 7 South, Range 11 East from St Tammany Parish HC-2 (Highway Commercial District) to City of Mandeville B-2 (Highway Business District) (Ward 4, District 10) (MN2017-02) (Stefancik/Brister)
Jason Van Haelen appealing the Zoning Commission DENIAL on July 5, 2017 to rezone 1.835 acres located on the northeast corner of 6th Avenue and Soell from A-2 (Suburban District) to A-4A (Single- Family Residential District).(Ward 3, District 5) (2017-665ZC) (Postponed 8/3/17)